Feeling Worried, Stressed and unable to Relax? Lavender Oil offers a List of Natural Health Benefits
‘Smell is that potent wizard that transports us across thousands of miles’ Helen Keller
Have you been feeling stressed and tense?
Aromatherapy has been used since thousands of years as an effective holistic healing method. Lavender was used by English farmers to reduce the possibility of sunstroke.There are numerous oils and essences (essences are distilled from flowers or plants) used in aromatherapy. Lavender oil is extremely popular in aromatherapy clinics owing to its remarkable healing benefits.
Lavender oil is extracted from lavender flowers using the process of steam distillation. Lavender has a distinct fragrance of its own and offers a whole gamut of benefits right from being a natural sedative to an antiseptic. Lavender is used in aromatherapy, lotions, soaps and bath oils.
In addition to lavender oil, meditation, massage and yoga also help you relax and release stress.
How can you benefit from Lavender Oil?
Lavender offers an impressive list of health benefits.
- It’s anti-inflammatory properties make it an excellent treatment for bug and insect bites. You can either choose to apply it on exposed skin or you can gently apply on a bite
- Lavender’s soothing fragrance makes it the ideal choice for those who experience difficulty in sleeping; it improves duration and quality of sleep. Many older adults find it useful to keep lavender oil next to their pillows in order to enjoy peaceful sleep
- Lavender is an excellent treatment for anxiety and restlessness; the fragrance helps slow down feverish mental activity and helps you relax. Stress is often the underlying cause for several health conditions
- Lavender is also known to stimulate the production of stomach enzymes and bile that make it a useful aid for flatulence and other stomach disorders. Lavender is also known to soothe the lining of the stomach and improve intestine health
- It’s also an effective treatment for acne as it discourages acne causing bacteria and reduces sebum production. Lavender helps
In addition, lavender oil is also used to reduce muscle soreness and pain and is an effective healing aid for rheumatism. Lavender oil massage helps reduce the unpleasant effects of dry, itchy skin and minimises sunburn and eczema. Lastly, lavender oil is widely used in relieving cough, asthma and congestion and it loosens up phlegm.
Lavender oils are effective for those who wish to release tress and relax. It is also associated with numerous other physical and mental health benefits.